Place safe working at the core of everything we do, promoting safe working practices and ensuring that risk is mitigated and where possible eliminated.
This commitment which starts from the very top has resulted in an excellent safety record over the last 90 years and is based on the following leadership actions
- Poppleton target zero harm to anyone during the operation of our business
- Developed a sophisticated safety management system, including a Poppleton safety committee which has representation from all three parts of our business.
- Poppleton safety officer holds an IOSH managing safely and IOSH for Directors certification
- All of our project engineers hold an IOSH managing safely qualification
- The majority of our site lead men hold SSSTS certification in addition to their craft skill set
- All of our site employees have NVQ qualifications as appropriate to their role within the business
- All of our site employees have plant certification, IPAF, PASMA, Asbestos as appropriate to their role within the business.
- The commitment of our team and our inherently safe systems of work set us apart from many of our competitors.
- Poppleton are members of the B&ES Northern Safety Group and have attained through B&ES SSSIP independent certification. (CHAS).