History

E Poppleton & Son Ltd was founded in 1924 by Yorkshire man Edward Poppleton and his son Arthur, to provide a radiator repair services to the North Wales Community. The Company built an enviable reputation with both the trade and the public for high quality repairs and excellent customer service.
 
In 1957 the Company moved premises from Greenfield Road, Colwyn Bay, to a new site alongside the old A55 Chester to Holyhead trunk road.   This new larger workshop provided the necessary space for the Company to commence sheet metal fabrication and in 1961 the radiator business was sold so that the company could concentrate on Sheet metal fabrication and ductwork.
 
Around this time Edgar Poppleton joined the family business and Edgar was instrumental in ensuring that Poppleton grew as a ductwork business, building on the foundations provided by his father and grandfather before him. At one point or another all of Edgar’s three sons worked in the business, this family trait continues to this day with many fathers, sons, and even grandsons working for Poppleton
 
In 2004, the company opened a 16,000 sq ft production facility which is partially powered by a photovoltaic array and is sited on 3 acres of land.   This building houses the very latest BIM, CAD/CAM, and sheet metal machinery, our operational office, and an abundance of technical and highly skilled professionals willing and able to go that extra mile for our customers.
 
Poppleton is one of only three companies to be able to say that it provided two Presidents to the Heating & Ventilating Contractors’ Association (HVCA) Edgar Poppleton 1987 – 88 and Gareth Vaughan 2008-09.  Poppleton is proud of its 50 years of service to and association with the Building & Engineering Services Association (B&ES)
 
In its 90th year of operation, Poppleton has a strong brand, a blue chip customer base, a sound financial background and the vision, skills and technology to move the company forward to its’ 100th year and beyond.  It does so with the very same focus and commitment that the Poppleton family have employed since 1924.